Want more side dish ideas? Try some homemade french fries!
2-3 Organic White Potatoes
1-2 Tbsp Lard or Bacon Grease from Pastured Pigs
Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder (To Taste)
1. Heat enough lard or bacon grease to cover the pan.
2. While it is heating, wash, peel and cut potatoes into french fry shapes.
3. When the grease is hot turn to medium heat and carefully place the fries into the pan.
4. Make sure there is only a single layer of fries so that they cook evenly. It takes a little longer, but is totally worth it!Season while cooking and flip as needed.
5. When all sides are crispy, remove the fries onto a paper towel to remove excess grease.Enjoy!
We don’t even use ketchup, not even our toddler! For an extra treat, top with bacon pieces and sliced green onion! If you are around the Columbia area be sure to check out Sullivan Farms for some high-quality lard!
Check out this post for 10 more side dish recipes to keep things interesting!